Sunday, August 1, 2010

Exciting News!

Dear EDS,

     This weekend has been pretty laid back but I also got some very exciting news.  Since my symptoms/joints have been getting a lot worse recently I decided to apply for a service dog.  I really think that having a dog to help me open doors, pick things up, retrieve things, etc. would really help preserve my energy and save me from some day to day pain.  Well, anyway, I got a letter in the mail on Saturday saying that they've accepted my application and they are working on finding a dog that will match my needs.  I'm really excited about this and I can't wait to find out more.  The letter said they would be in contact with me soon to give me more information.  Ideally I would get the dog before classes start in the fall.  Since classes start in exactly a month and the training with the dog is 2 weeks long I highly doubt this will happen but it would be nice.  Realistically I think it will be over winter break, right after Christmas, when I travel to St. Louis to be trained with my dog.

     Even though it was pretty hot out today, I still made my favorite dinner.  I also went to the grocery store yesterday and got some mochi ice cream which I've been snacking on all day.  Mango mochi ice cream is absolutely delicious!  I'm obsessed with eating and cooking delicious food so today was definitely a good day.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment