Friday, July 30, 2010

Thank You

Dear EDS,

Thank you for being nice to me today.  I had off of work yesterday so it was nice to just lounge around, clean my apartment in little bits, and do a whole lot of nothing.  Having days like yesterday is what keeps me going and not in completely terrible pain all of the time.

Today was a really nice day too.  I woke up, got ready, and headed off to work.  Days like today are the reason why I am in love with my job.  Not many people are lucky enough to be able to say they get to go to work but I am definitely one of them. I work with amazing people and genuinely enjoy going to work everyday.  In between classes and studying, work is a great break from school life.  I got to work and had a great chat with my friend A.  She had to leave around 10am so I was alone at the desk for a bit.  Our office is in the process of moving so I had the job of going through my bosses files and recycling old papers we don't need.  It's really interesting to go through all of the files because I'm actually learning quite a bit about disability rights in the post-secondary setting.  A is going to visit one of her friends this weekend and made some cupcakes for her.  She brought the extras into work and they were delicious! T also brought in his famous pumpkin chocolate chip cookies which I just love.  My office loves treats which is another reason why I love my office.  

Some of my friends are living in the apartment directly below mine next year so one of them stopped over to get a better idea of how it's set up and exactly what they'll need to bring.  I had actually never met him before but I can tell it's going to be a great year living with these guys.  J was super friendly and seems like he'll be lots of fun.  I'm really excited for school to start again so all my friends move back to campus.

I just enjoyed a nice dinner of roasted broccoli and now I'm trying to decide if I want to bake something or just snuggle in with a glass of wine and have a nice lazy night.  I'm thinking the wine's going to win this time. Hopefully it won't rain tomorrow morning so I can go to the Farmer's Market on Capitol Square and buy some yummy treats.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment