Wednesday, July 28, 2010

First Post!

     I've decided to start this blog to have a way to talk about my journey with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and maybe (hopefully) even spread a little awareness.  I plan on sharing my story by simply talking about my day to day life and how EDS impacts nearly everything I do. It's been a long journey this far and I'm sure I'll have many more adventures to come and I hope I can share them all with you.

     I think the best way to start this blog is to give you a little background about myself and how EDS has changed my life... I'm 20 and about to start my junior year of college.  After seeing more doctors than I can count I was finally diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome when I was 16. EDS is a connective tissue disorder that causes my joints to dislocate ridiculously easily.  It's a very painful condition that comes with lots of other fun little issues but joint dislocations are my biggest problem at this point in my life.  EDS has undoubtedly changed my life.  Many days are filled with frustration and pain but just as many are unbelievably great and fun-filled.  Because of EDS I appreciate every single minute of my life.  As much as it sucks sometimes, I wouldn't ever change my situation because it's made me who I am am. I have an amazing group of friends and family who have helped me get through lots.  Living with EDS is never easy but that doesn't mean I can't love life and enjoy everything.  I plan on writing this blog in a completely honest way...if I'm having a bad day I'll tell you and if life is going great I'll tell you that too.  More people need to know about EDS and I hope I can help those without it understand this condition.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment